The Golden Saddle is a beautiful custom-built log home on the West side of Wallowa Lake. The Golden Saddle is perfect for your family vacation, couples get away, or a romantic weekend with your sweetheart. One of our most popular homes on Wallowa Lake provides you with 4 bedrooms, 3 baths, rec room as well as a living room on the main floor. Relax on the large deck with breathtaking views of Wallowa Lake, the Eagle Cap Wilderness and the awe of the east moraine.
The tasteful furnishings of this home are always with your comfort in mind. Large downstairs tiled great room offers a large flat screen tv, game table, and pool table for your family game night. Main level boasts newly refinished hardwood floors, stainless steel appliances in the recently remodeled kitchen with beautiful granite countertops. The living area offers another smaller flat screen tv, leather furniture, floor to ceiling stone fireplace, and two sliding glass doors that open up onto a large deck overlooking Wallowa Lake and your own private boat dock to enjoy during your stay.
The upstairs of this beautiful home offers 2 more bedrooms, one with a queen bed, the second with a queen and two twins, which provides ample sleeping for your family vacation. Main master suite on the main level offers a king-sized bed with adjoining master bathroom with a jacuzzi tub and stand- alone shower. Downstairs bedroom is a queen with adjoining bath with a large tiled shower.
At night, settle into luxurious bed linens with comfortable beds, and enjoy high quality bath towels and rugs in each bathroom. Your comfort while being our Guest is our top priority.
Please note that this home is considered pet friendly, but pets are only allowed on tiled basement area. Pets are NOT allowed on the main living area, in any bedrooms, or upstairs. Also, this home is a no shoes home on the main floor and upper floor. Please pack accordingly.
utility room with washer/dryer
living room with floor to ceiling stone fireplace
master suite with king bed
master bathroom with jacuzzi tub and shower
master 1/2 bath opens for guest use
sliding glass doors out to wrap around deck overlooking Wallowa Lake.
queen bed with door into bathroom
bathroom (accessible for other bedroom too) with shower stall
queen bed and 2 twins in other bedroom.
queen bed with private bath with walk in shower
great room offers flat screen tv, pool table, game table
outside French doors
wrap around deck on main level
stairs down to boat dock are steep
handrail and steps down to dock also are steep
gravel area for parking
Also note that winter may require 4x4 and/or chains and even possibly parking close to the house (call us for info) and using a sled and yak trax and walking to the house. Please call the week of arrival to verify the very best way to access the house. Even in the summer, we recommend you use LOW in an Automatic transmission, or 4x4 to not tear up the road as you go up the steeper driveway.
* Wallowa Lake private boat dock and lake access
* Large deck overlooking Wallowa Lake
* Custom built log home tastefully decorated
* Luxury linens, bedding, towels
* Great room offers big screen TV and pool table
* King-sized bed
* Jacuzzi tub
* Floor to ceiling stone fireplace
* Propane BBQ (seasonal)
* Pet friendly on lower level
* Wi Fi
* Cable and DVD/VCR
* Sleeps 10, parking for 3 cars
* Extended stay discounts are available.
Things to note:
Due to the steepness/backing at west side houses, we ask that you do not bring your boat and trailer to the home.
To keep our driveways in good condition, we ask that you come out of them in 4x4 year round or in manual LOW.. We try and have the docks in from 5/15-9/10. However, if water levels drop below safety levels, they will be pulled sooner. This is considered an act of nature--no refunds will be given if we do have to pull the docks early.rougly
Observe the 25 MPH posted speed limit along Lake Shore Drive. Many of these houses are owned by local people and would greatly appreciate your slower speeds.
Occupancy and parking can not be exceeded due to this home having a vacation rental permit. Please see above under AMENITIES for parking and people allowances.
No fires or fire pits are ever allowed due to the heavy timbered area and county restrictions.
If you are looking for a place to gather with other members that are renting cabins, please use the Wallowa Lake State Park, Little Alps Day use Area, Joseph City park, north and south day use/boat launch areas.
Review our cancellation policy
STAND UP AND PADDLE and KAYAK RENTALS:
* Subject to board availability
* Delivered to your home upon your arrival
* Picked up night before your departure
* Signed Waiver is required
* Price includes life jacket, paddle, leash, whistle, and delivery
* Grocery shopping * Gift Baskets * Bakery *Flower delivery JUST TO NAME A FEW
* STARTER KIT provides paper towels, toilet paper, trash bags, and dish detergent.
* Spices, oils, condiments, etc., are NOT included but some houses do have them.
* Kitchens are fully equipped with pots, pans, utensils, plates, glasses, etc.
* Linens and towels are provided, but not all places provide beach towels.
* All rentals have either a propane or charcoal grill. Charcoal is not provided.
* If your home has a wood stove/fireplace, firewood and matches are provided.
|Aug - 2020|
|Sep - 2020|
|Oct - 2020|
|Nov - 2020|
|Dec - 2020|
|Jan - 2021|
|Feb - 2021|
|Mar - 2021|
Rates* Rates are subject to change without notice. Pricing excludes taxes, additional options and fees.
|Vacation Rental Standard Pricing||Night||Weekly||Min Nights|
WE WANT YOU TO HAVE A GREAT TIME WHILE STAYING AT WALLOWA LAKE! Here are a few rules you’ll want to adhere to be a good boating neighbor:
LAUNCHING: NO HOUSE ALLOWS BOAT LAUNCHING FROM THE HOUSE.
- Launch from north or south day use areas.
- Refer to your individual home information on empty trailer storage. CALL IF QUESTIONS.
- If you leave your boat/truck at the launch areas, make sure you lock the vehicle.
- You are responsible for your own wake and any damage caused by you in regards to our dock.
- You are responsible for your own wake and any damage caused by you to other docks on the lake.
- Observe the no wake buoy, the posted speed limit on them is clearly marked.
- Be respectful of boats moving slower than you and be considerate of the wake you create.
- The buoys in the lake are clearly marked with posted speed
- Do not engage in “drag races” close to the West side homes
- Please depart slowly from the docks and come in slowly to the docks.
- Slow down if another boat is trying to overtake you.
- Please provide an ample berth around slower moving vessels.
- PLEASE BE CONSIDERATE OF OTHERS
- Noise travels very well on the lake. Please be respectful for your neighbors on and off the lake.
- The middle and highway side of the lake are more suited for play time.
- The west side of the lake where the cabins/houses are located is more suited for fishing, quiet travel, and “Sunday drives”
Location - West side of Wallowa Lake.